BEWARE: Mother Almost Lost Her Legs After Shaving Her Bikini Line - Daily Buzz PH


Post Top Ad

Sunday, March 5, 2017

BEWARE: Mother Almost Lost Her Legs After Shaving Her Bikini Line

Shaving is one way of being hygienic to both men and women but is it really safe?
On May of 2012, Dana Sedgewick, 44 year old and a mother of 3 decided to trim her bikini line and along her legs with a new razor. This is part of her routine so nothing was amiss. Then, she had a small bleeding pimple on her groin but didn’t mind it.
After a few days, her eldest daughter, Megan, found her lying in bed, with her legs covered in a bloody, red rash. This is because of the small pimple that has developed into necrotizing fasciitis, a flesh-eating infection.
She was rushed into the hospital to get immediate treatment. Doctors diagnosed her with the condition causing bacteria to release toxins that attack the surrounding soft tissue. It can be caused by a minor cut or scratch.

Dana recalled, “By the time I got to the hospital, my legs were covered in black, rotting flesh. It was touch-and-go as to whether I’d make it.

She went into surgery for 10 hours to save her legs. Doctors cut through seven inches of infected skin and removed the diseased flesh and reapplied skin from her back.
Despite the surgery, Dana developed sepsis which gave her 30% of surviving. Her kidneys failed and her heart stopped four times.
Finally, the surgery was successful. So, Dana’s legs had to be covered with bandages. She thought she suffered from a car accident when she later on realized she wasn’t but instead accidentally cut her groin while shaving.

When it was time to remove the bandage, Dana was shocked and traumatized to see what happened to her legs.
She said: ‘It was horrific. All of my muscle had rotted away, and I had a crater of skin near my groin. I felt like I was going to throw up. But I knew that it could have been much, much worse. I could easily have lost my legs – or worse, died.


Dana is now fully recovered with the help of her doctors who did their best to save her and family who never left her side.
Her story is a warning to those who shaved and ignored the small pimple. It might be small but it can cause your life.
Sources: The Sun / viral4real


No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad